Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:18:09 -0700
From: "Marcin Wielgoszewski" <marcinw86@...il.com>
To: kristian.hermansen@...il.com, cyb3rh3b@...il.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Google Tracking

dre posted about "Using Google Analytics to Subvert Privacy" several
days ago here:

http://www.tssci-security.com/?p=303

The fact is, you can't block Google Analytics using NoScript unless
you inspect all JavaScript running on every website. This is because
any site can download the urchin.js code locally and host it on their
own site. If you set NoScript to implicitly trust a domain, one that's
running urchin.js, you're tracked. The best way to prevent GA from
tracking you is to block all cookies globally, only allowing cookies
for domains you implicitly trust.

See the post for more details.

--
Marcin