Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:15:47 +0300
From: "Valery Marchuk" <tecklord@...uritylab.ru>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: gnucitizen bt home hub latest,
	attacks wide spread, outages reported

> gnucitizen may be responible for bt being under a massive attack right
> now.
Oh my God, people stop talking nonsense!

Have you seen the video provided by gnusitizen.org with demonstration of
this attack or read the vulnerability description?

The guy sends a link to victim, victim visits this link and bam. we see the
IP address of the router (there are many ways to get his information. I`m
not familiar with BT products, so I won`t try to guess which way was used).
Then, we see, how attacker is trying to get access to the device via web
interface, then we see an authentication dialog, which is bypassed via
default password or through a bug in authentication mechanism. That's it.

Best regards,
Valery Marchuk
www.SecurityLab.ru