Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:27:31 +0000
From: gjgowey@....blackberry.net
To: "worried security" <worriedsecurity@...glemail.com>,
	full-disclosure-bounces@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: gnucitizen bt home hub latest,
	attacks wide spread, outages reported

I'm wondering if this is like some of the home based router problems of the past.  I seem to recall that it was maybe netgear that once had a problem where it didn't get rid of the factory password even after the end user set a new one, another brand had a problem where the cgi-bin dir was not properly protected, and another brand used to have a problem where the accessibility of the web based config interface was unaffected by any settings that the user might make.  Another words, this might be some previously discovered vulnerability for another product that someone realized affects this product too.

Geoff

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.