Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:45:29 +0100
From: "LT" <lt@....hush.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Standing Up Against German Laws - Project
	HayNeedle

Dear Paul,

> as most of you may have heard the German government passed a law
today
> that will lead to all connections being logged for 6 months. This
> includes phone calls as well as all internet connections.

I'm also from Germany, but I do not agree with your understanding
of the new law.

According to [1], Internet Service Providers must record the
following information:
1) the IP address assigned to the customer
2) a precise identification of the (dial-in) port that is used for
internet access (i.e. your phone number, customer number etc)
3) connect and disconnect timestamps

This does however not include logging IP connection attemps to your
favorite blog or website or anything like this.
They only have to log the IP address and connection times of your
dial-in session.

Besides that, there is an explicit statement [2] that forbids
recording contents or data related to the visited web pages.

Sorry but I don't see the point how your new program could solve
this problem.
Don't understand me wrong, I'm really against this new law - but a
web spider cannot solve this problem. If you want to help, please
subscribe to the class-action law suit against
'Vorratsdatenspeicherung' [3].

Regards

LT

[1] http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/058/1605846.pdf, page 18,
section 4
[2] http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/058/1605846.pdf, page 18,
section 8
[3]
http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/content/view/51/70/lang,de

--
Free information on Internet Security. Click Now.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dJxG6SzpcKZp9bGZy5cMI5Ccvxh896UCRv93b6hnmCBHePm/