Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:08:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Jay Sulzberger <jays@...ix.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: PlayStation 3 predicts next US president (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
  Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:29:35 +0100
  From: "Weger, B.M.M. de" <b.m.m.d.weger@....nl>
  Cc: cryptography@...zdowd.com, hash-forum@...t.gov
  Subject: PlayStation 3 predicts next US president

  Hi all,

  We (Marc Stevens, Arjen Lenstra and me) have used a Sony PlayStation 3
  to correctly predict the outcome of the 2008 US presidential elections.
  See http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/Nostradamus if you want to know
  the details of what this has to do with cryptography.

  We also announce two different Win32 executables that have identical
  MD5 hash values. This can be made to happen for any two executable
  files.
  This implies a vulnerability in software integrity protection and
  code signing schemes that still use MD5.
  See http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/SoftIntCodeSign for details.

  Grtz,
  Benne de Weger