Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:31:58 -0500
From: gmaggro <gmaggro@...ers.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: For Christmas..

> if this happened all FD members would go broke because they are kiddies
> who rely on automated tools for everything

While this may be true, it doesn't mean that they couldn't be a useful
resource.

If you're a script kiddie and you have no money, maybe you have access
to devices that others don't. Scan them, fingerprint them, help ensure
all the common tools accurately recognize them.

If you wind up with a little extra cash and maybe you don't feel like
outright 'donating' it to someone... then maybe buy yourself some piece
of industrial control/PLC related gear off ebay that has an ethernet
port and runs ModBus tcp and/or whatever else. I checked, there is some
fun stuff out there.

Maybe you work full/part time at a plant or factory and have access to
gear during downtime or whatever. Or someone's mother/father works for a
company that makes the stuff and has some demo pieces they can sign out
for a while. Or you're a rotten miscreant and you know where you can
access some... in which case bumping (http://www.toool.nl/bumping.pdf)
and picking (http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/MITLockGuide.pdf) locks
are fun and easy pursuits which folks with next to no resources can pursue.