Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:13:48 -0500
From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy@...cyonlabs.com>
To: <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Was secreview crap - now OpenVMS!!

>Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu said:

>Bonus points for knowing that VMS was mostly written in Bliss/32 or some
>such, and VM and MVS were a mixture of assembler and (later on) PL/S.
>No C knowledge needed for those critters...

OpenVMS is less than 40% Blissful... though I'm not familiar with the original source (wasn't it written on stone tablets?). About 50% is C, with a healthy mix of obsoletes making the difference. How something so elegant could be spawned from such chaos is beyond me.

Mostly, the VMS basic OS utilities are Bliss-based (think: GNU).

I really wish HP would open OpenVMS before they kill it.

Security relevance: UNHACKABLE! <grin>

Randy