Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:05:19 -0700
From: "Tremaine Lea" <tremaine@...il.com>
To: SecReview <secreview@...hmail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Secreview re-review of quietmove ( F ---)

Regardless of whether your intentions are good or not in performing
these reviews, one thing is crystal clear.  In order to perform these
reviews and have them accepted by those who would actually read and
depend on them to a degree, you need to have established yourself as a
credible source and have a good reputation.

With that in mind, I think the vast majority will continue to rely on
word of mouth from peers, or well respected and long standing
companies such as Gartner or even Dark Reading.  In my not so humble
opinion, you will not establish yourself as a credible resource by
engaging in petty disputes and mud slinging on FD.

Worse, it becomes more and more apparent that this is essentially an
attempt to drive interest to your blog.  I don't believe any serious
company would engage in the behaviour you have to date, so both your
motives and your method are in question.  If you genuinely wish to be
taken seriously and treated as a credible source of information about
other security vendors, I'd consider starting again from scratch and
develop a better method of attracting professional interest.  The key
is to attract the attention, not try and push your product down
throats.

Another quick lesson : if a vendor doesn't provide you with
information, the correct thing to do is simply note that you were
unable to review their product or services, and why.  To still attempt
a review with seriously incomplete information and then give a low
score is irresponsible at best.

--
Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant