Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:33:10 -0000
From: "Ronnie - Norfolk Design" <ronnie@...folkdesign.com>
To: <nick@...us-l.demon.co.uk>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: NorfolkDesign.com proven track of excellence

Hi Nick,

All we are trying to do is neutralise false accusations that were made about
us by a malicious spammer which are appearing in search engines. I have
personally contacted John the list administrator and have his full
permission to do this.

We have a signed letter from the BBC litigation department confirming that
the accusations are completely untrue.

I really hope all members understand, and offer my sincerest apologies for
any inconvenience this is causing but it's our only option.

Kindest regards
Ronnie Zahdeh
Norfolk Design
Limits are in the mind, not on the web.
E-mail: ronnie@...folkdesign.com
Website: http://www.norfolkdesign.com

The information contained in this email is sent from Norfolk Design and is
intended to the addressed recipient(s) only. The content is confidential and
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited and
could be considered illegal. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please accept our apologies, notify us immediately, and delete the
message. It is important to note that this email may contain views which are
the opinion of Norfolk Design.
All email sent from Norfolk Design is scanned using both client-side and
server-side multiple virus scanners using Norfolk Design's own servers. We
take every measure possible to ensure our emails do not contain any viruses,
but please note that we do not take responsibility if this eventuality
occurs. It is your responsibility to ensure all emails you receive from
Norfolk Design, are scanned with your own virus protection software.

> The information contained in this email is sent from Norfolk Design and is

Yeah, we kinda guessed...

> intended to the addressed recipient(s) only.  ...

No sh*t superman?

You'd be stupid enough to address something so potentially important
(you think) to unintended recipients?

Ohhh, but wait -- you sent it to a large, subscriber-list-withheld,
public mailing list, so you clearly can have NO IDEA who the actual
recipients will be....

> ...  The content is confidential and
> privileged.  ...

Hmmmm -- now doesn't that raise some serious problems for you?

You deliberately sent your message to a mailing list that you know you
cannot know all the recipients of, _yet_ your message contains
"confidential and privileged" information?

You and/or your legal advisers are clearly stark raving bonkers.

Or maybe that's the point?  You're trying to establish insanity as a
defence for whatever you may be, or have been, charged with/accused of?

> ...  If you are not the intended recipient ...

In one sense, of course I am (one of the) intended recipient(s) as I
subscribe to the mailing list you addressed the message to.

And, if you didn't intend to address your message to this list but did
so anyway (out of incompetence, say?) how am _I_ supposed to be able to
tell that I am NOT an intended recipient?  Am I, along with every other
list member address owner/user supposed to have intimate knowledge of
_your_ intentions?  Pray tell us how...

> ... please be aware that any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited and
> could be considered illegal.

Darn -- I've got copies on my machine, there are partial copies of
trace headers all over the Internet, there are multitudinous archives
of the mailing list you chose to address this message to, there will
still be many copies "in process" waiting for mail relays, servers,
content scanners, etc, etc to "catch up" and so on.

This request is thus nonsensical...

> ...  If you have received this electronic message in
> error, ...

As already described, how would I possibly know?  (Yes, there are some
circumstances where that could be more or less certain, but this
clearly is NOT such a case.)

> ... please accept our apologies, notify us immediately, and delete the
> message.  ...

It may or may not be in error, but regardless of what you now say, I'll
NOT delete it even if you do claim you sent it in error.  What will you
do about that?  This pompous piece of less-than-pseudo-legalistic BS
neither intimidates me nor impresses me -- it's meaningless piffle
created by a moron with no understanding of WTF s/he was doing.

> ...  It is important to note that this email may contain views which are
> the opinion of Norfolk Design.

No sh*t superman?

> All email sent from Norfolk Design is scanned using both client-side and
> server-side multiple virus scanners using Norfolk Design's own servers. We
> take every measure possible to ensure our emails do not contain any
viruses,
> but please note that we do not take responsibility if this eventuality
> occurs. It is your responsibility to ensure all emails you receive from
> Norfolk Design, are scanned with your own virus protection software.

It's a pity you don't also scan all Email sent from Norfolk Design for
meaninglessly bombastic, pseudo-quasi-legalistic nonsense, but never
fear -- some of us apply our own scanners for such content...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald