Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:13:30 -0800
From: "Kristian Erik Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: "Andrew A" -> Benjamin Trott,
	Six Apart/Live Journal hacker, and belligerent anti-gay remarks?

After the recent death of Justin Polazzo -- a dude who I only
corresponded with over the net -- I noticed another post from "Andrew
A", which touted some horrible remarks.  I don't know who "Andrew A"
is, but he and I have had a running conversation publicly and
privately.  He has proven to be quite immature.  I can offer some
knowledge that he has provided to me privately to point at who it
might be, but I make no guarantee to who the individual is.  It is
merely from his mouth.  He wanted to meet me at the art gatherings in
San Francisco's 20GOTO10, and give me a piece of his mind.  He called
me a "pussy faggot" when I did not attend Christopher Abad's showing
of ASCII art on those dates.

Following is some insight that may help some people on this list track
down who this "Andrew A" is.  It is a very sad day when we lose
someone in real life and we must all rethink what is happening in our
security community when people take pride in laughing at such loss of
life.  The Internet may just be the flicking of electrons passing
around in an invisible flux, but the people at the edge of our
networks are real.  We must treat them with the same respect we would
treat others with in person.  We must forgive.  We must forget.  We
must do our best to unite our communities rather than divide them.  We
have all made our own mistakes in the past, so let's continue our
journey with a new goal -- that of trying to be good to one another in
real life and online, despite its virtualness.  We must do that.  I
have hope that we can accomplish decency online...

http://www.kristian-hermansen.com/wordpress/2008/02/11/benjamin-trott-and-belligerent-anti-gay-remarks/

Benjamin Trott is an American entrepreneur living in California. He is
known for co-founding Six Apart (6 Apart, or 6A), which later
purchased Live Journal. However, online, it appears that he may be
acting under a pseudonym as "Andrew A" (gluttony@...il.com, gluttony).

It all started back in December in San Francisco. An observation of
mine regarding fetching favicon images in certain contexts, which many
people I have spoken to consider a bug in some web browsers, turned
into a flame-war on the full disclosure list and many accusations were
flying. However, the discussion continued off-list privately where
"Andrew A" continued with belligerent and even anti-gay remarks. It is
just disgusting that someone of this stature would expend so much
energy and hatred. I just want it to stop, but this person, whom I
believe is Benjamin Trott, continues to harass me and it is
unwarranted. Please stop and grow up "Andrew A" (gluttony@...il.com).

The purported "Andrew A" claims to live at this residence, perhaps
with his wife Mena G. Trott:
4338 26th street, San Francisco, CA

His phone number appears to be (415) 821-2073. "Andrew A" should just
quit this silliness and apologize. I felt the need to post this
information in the case that others have been harassed by this
individual.

"""