Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:48:48 -0800
From: "Geoffrey Gowey" <gjgowey@...il.com>
To: "Fredrick Diggle" <fdiggle@...il.com>
Cc: funsec@...uxbox.org, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org>
Subject: Re: in Memory of Dude VanWinkle / Justin Plazzo

The problem here is not the "not being mean to anyone" (that's beyond hope
on the Internet), but being rude and immature about the passing of a
person.  Like I said, I didn't know him, but have some respect for those who
did.  Are the trolls here really so desperate that they don't just kick a
person when he is down, but even after he's dead?  Talk about desperation.

Even after someone doesn't have a pulse they're still "fair game" in the
eyes of some.  I wonder if after he's buried some troll will dig him up just
to kick him around some more.  The keyboard warriors here have gone too far
on this one.  Have some decency folks.

On Feb 12, 2008 11:38 AM, Fredrick Diggle <fdiggle@...il.com> wrote:

> Fredrick Diggle would like to remind Gadi that everyone he knows is
> going to die. If that simple fact means that you can't be mean to
> anyone then this is not a world that Fredrick Diggle wants to live in.
>
> YAY!
>
> On Feb 11, 2008 2:43 PM, Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org> wrote:
> > I was just woken up with the news of Justin's death and am unsure what
> > think or how to respond--I need to. I feel things are left unfinished, a
> > light just disappeared without warning, and all I can think of is what I
> > said to him, when and where. Was I nice? Was I respectful? Did I always
> > treat him right? What could I do differently? What will our small corner
> > of the universe look like without him?
> >
> > What's clear is that he was a good guy who strove to always do better
> and
> > was not afraid of voicing his opinion or making himself heard. He was
> also
> > quick to apologize when necessary. His opinions never stopped him from
> > seeing the person on the other side.
> >
> > He took subjects he discussed seriously, but never lost sight of the
> fun.
> > He never stopped learning and he evolved a great deal over the past
> couple
> > of years in which I had the opportunity to know him. One day, I was
> hoping
> > to meet him. He was a good guy.
> >
> > He became an integral part of our community and only now I realize how
> > much that is true.
> >
> > He cared. I care. He is missed.

Kindest Regards,

Geoff