Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:22:18 +0200
From: "Markus Jansson" <markus.jansson@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Finnish thought police censors site about
	censorship!

I usually dont make this kind of politically motivated posts here, but
this is just waaaaaay too terrible to be ignored. I hope mods agree on
this.

http://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/krp/home.nsf/pages/indexeng]Finnish
Thought Police[/url] has now used dirty tactics to silence a website
used to distribute information and discussion about the recent law
about censorship. The laws is sayed to be used to censor child porn
websites located outside Finland off the ISP customers. If the page
does not contain child porn or is located in Finland, this law should
not be applied at all.

The situation is a bit same as it was a while back, when Swedish
authorities used the same laws and same "blacklists" to censor access
to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay]Pirate Bay[/url].
Again, without any proof that there is or has been child porn there.
Now, the same tactic is
[url=http://www.insideonlinevideo.com/2007/07/06/swedish-police-censors-pirate-bay/]apparently
soon be used again[/url] to kill the Pirate Bay off the net forever.

However, there is a HUGE difference here.
1) Laws specifically demand that site must be outside Finland to be
censored. http://lapsiporno.info is not, its located in Finland.
2) Laws specifically demand that site must host child porn to be
censored. http://lapsiporno.info does not contain any child porn.
3) The attack is not motivated by RIAA or similiar industry to kill of
P2P. The attack is purely motivated to kill of discussion and
information sharing about this censorship. http://lapsiporno.info is
the only site dedicated to this issue. This attack is direct attack
against freedom of speech by police of Finland.
4) The "blacklist" used to censor sites off the net doesnt really even
contain "child porn" sites. I personally checked the lists about 45
minutes, visiting dozens of pages (via Tor-network) and did not see a
SINGLE child porn image or movie etc. Its total bullshit and
censorship of legitimate sites.

This is the level of freedom of speech here in Finland. Im very, very
dissapointed and shamed to be a Finn. And this isnt over, they are
going to expand this censorship to block access to internet gambling,
soon "hate speech" etc. etc. 1984 is here today.

Luckily the site is already mirrored in several places (and if needed,
I will get them dozen or so more mirrors, I couldnt care less what
happens then). Also, it has raised little critics about this law and
police actions. Unfortunally, this issue hasnt been discussed much
outside Finland. Hopefully it is now.

More info in english
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Finnish_internet_censorship_critic_blacklisted

And in finnish