Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:08:14 -0500
From: Paul Schmehl <pauls@...allas.edu>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Offensive Security Backtrack Training

--On Thursday, March 13, 2008 19:55:01 +0000 worried security
<worriedsecurity@...glemail.com> wrote:

> i think it means i've got lots of spare time on my hands to fuck about
> with systems and i'm likely to have more zero-day and intelligence
> than e-commerce or the government.

And you're just as likely to have nothing at all.  Since there is no evidence
to attest to your vaunted knowledge, for all intents and purposes, it doesn't
exist.

At least once you have to start actually paying bills you might gain some
knowledge about that evil profit motive.  Whether the "security thingy" works
out for you or not is an open question.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst