Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:22:27 +0300
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: SkyOut <skyout@....net>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Local persistent DoS in Windows XP SP2
	Taskmanager

Dear SkyOut,

I see no security impact here.

RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\PCHealth\\ErrorReporting", 0, KEY_SET_VALUE, &hKey);

requires  administrative  privileges.  If user has ones, you can achieve
better results by deleting task manager of trojaning it.

You can also use

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows    NT\CurrentVersion\Image
File Execution Options\taskmgr.exe\Debug

key to launch notepad.exe instead of taskmgr.exe.

--
~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/
ЭНИАКам - по морде!  (Лем)