Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:36:34 -0400
From: "Garrett M. Groff" <groffg@...design.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: n3td3v has a fan

Allow me to posit the following: "netdev" wants attention, even if its
negative attention. I.e., he is intentionally saying things that are
inflammatory/unintelligent/provocative so as to arouse a reaction.

To say that this is out of stupidity (or that netdev is unintelligent) is a
conclusion that--while possible--is far from certain (other list subscribers
might know him better than I do and therefore be in a better position to
judge). There are intelligent people who might engage in this behavior as a
form of stress relief, due to personality aberrations, or simply because
they derive euphoria from the reaction. Absent of data on correlations to
intelligence, it would be irresponsible to gauge intelligence from netdev's
behavior. (Though, one could use aggregated information based on behavioral
patterns, articles he's written, etc, to form a more comprehensive analysis.
But, doing so would feed into his desire for attention, and thus would be
ill-advised if my conjecture is correct.)

- G