Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:06:28 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: "The Dark Tangent" <dtangent@...con.org>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	n3td3v <n3td3v@...glegroups.com>
Subject: Re: DEF CON 16 Retro Announcement! Back to Bang!

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 2:01 AM, The Dark Tangent <dtangent@...con.org> wrote:
> So you're bored, and have never gone to a convention?  You want to meet
> all the other members of the so called 'computer underground'?  You've been
> calling BBS systems for a long time now, and you definitely have been
> interacting on the national networks.  You've bullshitted with the best,
> and now it's time to meet them in Vegas!  For me I've been networking for
> years, and now I'll get a chance to meet everyone in the flesh.  Get
> together with a group of your friends and make the journey.
>
> We cordially invite all hackers, phreaks, techno-rats, programmers,
> writers, activists, lawyers, philosophers, politicians, security officials,
> cyberpunks and all network sysops and users to attend.

Human Honeypot: reader comment from n3td3v

Posted on: August 1, 2006, 4:54 AM PDT
Story: Black Hat with a Vista twist

Its the 'manufactured' hackers who go to these 'talk to the police'
conferences, you know the ones who spent thousands on student loans to
become a hacker.

Any criminal hackers who go are just stupid and don't realise what
they are actually attending.

The U.S Security Services will have hidden cameras and befrienders in
place to grab as much information out of people as possible.

These conferences have just turned into a 'human honeypot' for the
intelligence services.

Good on the people who are brave enough to step into that 'human
honeypot', but the majority in the underground wouldn't go near these
conferences.

Keep up the good work Joris Evers.

http://www.news.com/5208-7349_3-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=19848&messageID=170036&start=-1