Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 20:44:06 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: n3td3v <n3td3v@...glegroups.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Web Application Security Awareness Day Deemed
	Complete Failure

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Howard Jurgenmeit <websec2008@...il.com> wrote:
> Good Evening Full Disclosure Members,
>
> The Internet + Web Application Security Blog has posted a recent news
> article surrounding the past "Web Application Security Awareness Day" that
> was to have occurred on May 1, 2008. While many were skeptical that the
> n3td3v agenda has any influence whatsoever after numeros failures and
> embarrassments, there were still a handful that were hoping that they could
> meet with success. Unfortunately this did not occur and we witnessed one of
> the word failures in modern web application security history. A full article
> on this event has been cataloged at the following site -
> http://websec2008.blogspot.com/
> Brief excerpt
> ~~~
> Saturday May 3, 2008 media and security researchers have come to the
> conclusion that "Web Application Security Awareness Day" was a complete and
> utter failure. This stunning revelation comes just two days after the event
> came to a close, without a single submission or person recognizing the
> event.
>

> "We just kept waiting and hoping a single submission would come in. We were
> thinking that maybe the researchers had their clocks set wrong or they were
> working hard on a release that just couldn't cut the deadline", said a well
> known industry expert who wishes to remain anonymous.
>
> ~~~
> Please visit our web site and we will keep you informed of any developments.
>
> -Howard Jurgenmeit
> Internet + Web Application Security Blog Staff Writer
> http://websec2008.blogspot.com/
> websec2008@...il.com

I'm sure they'll be other theme days though that others will start,
like a Buffer Overflow Security Awareness Day that others can
organise.

I'm just leading the way of a new trend, my day wasn't successful, but
if HD Moore or others announce some other theme day, i'm sure it will
be a success.

The mailing lists have become boring over the years, theme days are
just something to make the lists more exciting and stimulating again.

All the best,

n3td3v