Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:25:13 +0800
From: "Daniel Marsh" <jahilliya@...il.com>
To: "Paul Schmehl" <pauls@...allas.edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Geeks

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Paul Schmehl <pauls@...allas.edu> wrote:

> --On May 19, 2008 3:50:37 PM -0400 Elazar Broad <elazar@...hmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Yea, and there are plenty that can't even set up their own home
> > network...
> >

> If that's true, I'm sure you can name a few.
>
> Or are you all hot air like two thirds of the bozos that constantly post
> to this list?
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
> Senior Information Security Analyst

As Jeff Wilder said before, it's a management certification.
As someone else has said, CISSP provides a baseline for others to make
assessment of your knowledge.

Two people, both achieved CISSP certification, one took 15 years of work in
the industry, and failed the exam once. The other graduated from uni and
passed the exam on the first try.

Their knowledge is not the same, the guy that graduated from university and
passed simply has a photographic memory.

It's to provide a baseline, it's like saying that everyone that graduates
from high school is of the same intelligence as everyone else who graduated
that year... it's a baseline.

Warning, my fud below...
A director at another company I was talking with told me a story how he and
a friend had to sit an exam the next day, the Director had studied all the
material thoroughly, the other guy didn't, and didn't even study one of the
core subjects of the exam criteria.
The other guy studied the material the night before (the material he didn't
study earlier) for two hours and passed. The Director failed by 7 points.

The Director asked his friend how he passed when he didn't study the
material and just read it the night before... his friends reply "I have a
photographic memory, in 3 months I won't remember a thing".

Content of type "text/html" skipped