Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:12:46 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: To clear the air and conspiracy about n3td3v

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Garrett M. Groff <groffg@...design.com> wrote:

> That's why there are email filters. Pls start using them if you value your
> sanity. The kind of "publicity" he/they're getting only encourages the
> naughty behavior.

I don't understand what you mean by they? Are you talking about my google group?
The people who post on my google group are people like you, I don't understand.

And what is naughty behaviour? Giving my opinion on security topics
and criticizing people I don't agree with?

I'm a white hat, I don't agree with naughty behaviour and to date I
haven't seen any naughty behaviour apart from people who try and paint
me in bad light.

The google group is the same concept as funsec and I am the same
concept as Gadi Evron... my google group was around long before funsec
was around, so I didn't copy him.

I'm not a hacker, I read news articles and give my opinion on them,
thats all I do, there is no hacker group, I am not a hacker, there is
nothing going on behind the scenes, because there is no behind the
scenes.

The google group is a bunch of security professionals like you, who
like the stories I post to the group and enjoy reading my opinions.

Stop believing the bad press what you read by a bunch of idiots who
don't know me, Neal Krawetz, Robert Lemos, Alex Eckelberry etc who
tried to say I was a hacker, who has zero-day etc.

They were just horrible people who don't really know me who have
helped to ruin my life, my mental health hasn't been the same since I
read accusations about me that I was a hacker and I'm doing something
wrong.

SecurityFocus, they never even emailed me for my side of the story, I
went away to university and then realised an article and PDF file had
been written about me, I couldn't cope with the pressure, so I had to
drop out of university because of what was post about me, because I
couldn't cope with the strain.

Here I am now, picking up the peices and unemployed with no university
degree, until I can reapply when i'm feeling better after the stress.

I will not stop posting my opinion on security topics, if I did that
will mean they have won by telling their readers I was a hacker with
zero-day.

All the best,

n3td3v