Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:50:25 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: What the UK government care about in a hacker

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Ureleet <ureleet@...il.com> wrote:

> u know how old this article is?

A couple of months old and a prime example of that the intelligence services
don't give a fuck about fire fox, internet explorer, opera and other gay
applications people post application flaws about on Full-Disclosure.

I want to see things post that actually affect national security and the
government actually give a fuck about.

Let's move away from stupid computer applications and start focusing on
national security if you want to be an elite hacker, nobody cares about
applications, buffer overflow and the like, its over and done with, its old
skool, nobody gives a fuck anymore.

If you want to impress the government then start on mobile, radio frequency,
chip / hardware hacks.

The security community has got to evolve, we can't be sitting here in 2020
still getting wet and excited about an internet explorer or quick time
flaws, its getting gay, its nearly 2009...

All the best,

n3td3v

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:45 PM, n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:08 AM, n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com> wrote:
> >> I think we've gone beyond the F-Secure has said stage, I think folks
> >> are looking for something more. I think the security space has evolved
> >> already in respect of home user hackers, the security professional
> >> circuit and with the government.
> >>
> >> Infact the government are finding it hard to keep up with what's
> >> possible by the government and what's technologically possible by joe
> >> average in his bedroom.
> >>
> >> A few years ago it was impossible for joe average to shoot the live
> >> scene of a national emergency via his cell phone, email that footage
> >> to a national television station and that to be used as prime time
> >> evidence of the incident, now it is.
> >>
> >> With this I look onto the media, its still using F-Secure press
> >> releases for its news round.
> >>
> >> Your average joe is now able to creep behind the media wall and get
> >> the news before the outlet gets time to read up.
> >>
> >> The fact, the media is becoming less important in the security arena
> >> for bringing us news.
> >>
> >> Your average joe can configure google.com/ig to give them keyword news
> >> thats coming onto the news wires and google.com/alerts can too.
> >>
> >> What used to be a government fundamental for the intelligence
> >> services, is now becoming a challenge for them to know what user is
> >> signed upto what and how much they know.
> >>
> >> Before it was more straight forward, they would know what news sites
> >> were available as civilian intelligence sources but now its becoming
> >> less obvious.
> >>
> >> The intelligence community are having to dig deep into online
> >> community to see what is possibly being plotted and what sources of
> >> information they have and the technique in which its gathered.
> >>
> >> Today the world is changing, what used to be charted water only
> >> reserved for the intelligence services is now also being used by the
> >> civilian population.
> >>
> >> It's scary times, hackers have the best ability to over come the
> >> intelligence services, not the script kids, but the hackers!
> >>
> >> The main focus for the British intelligence service is mobile and
> >> anything to do with radio frequency hacks, including RFID type stuff,
> >> that's high on the British government look out.
> >>
> >> The media are hyping about mobile phone worm, while this hype *is*
> >> unfounded right now, thats not to say its not top on the British
> >> government's watch list of most desirable vulnerability threat vector
> >> against national infrastructure of government and civilian population.
> >>
> >> The hax0r credibility score board from the government's point of view
> >> isn't hacks in safari, fire fox or internet explorer, its
> >> telecommunications and radio frequency hacks right now.
> >>
> >> So while you and your friends might think browser hacks, etc.. think
> >> again, the real stuff that gets the UK government interested in you is
> [...]

Content of type "text/html" skipped