Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:26:01 +0200
From: bomboclat@...asystem.com
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: hackmeeting: call for participation

The Call for Papers for the Hackmeeting 2008 to be held in Palermo,
Sicily is now open.

Hackmeeting is the gathering of all the hackers communities spread
around Italy since 11 years ago, it's a three-days happening with
workshops, speeches, knowledge sharing in the spirit of the “put your
hands on” philosophy with a grassroots approach. We gather in a squat
called Ask, from the 26th to the 28th Sept. We stand for free speech and
free access to technologies. You can refer to our website for details
(www.hackmeeting.org) and to our mailing list
(hackmeeting@...entati.org) for discussions. We accept submissions both
in English and Italian. This year's Italian events, like the change of
the Italian government, repressive acts like the widespread wiretapping
practice, and military presence for police-like duties on the urban
territory makes us even more needy of an act towards free speech,
against media control, encouraging the development and use (in a word:
the culture) of technological tools for this purpose. On the other side,
the lack of a fully mature technological consciousness has led Italy to
big problems with waste management. We would like to contribute to this
need for technological wisdom, speaking about sustainable computing and
trashware, and spreading the consciousness about technological limits.

We'll accept any submission that arrives by the 20th of sept for the
official schedule, but it is neither rare nor surprising to see people
organizing spontaneously in any corner of the meeting space for any kind
of hacking activity. Anyone is free to bring what they would like to
find, and to enjoy this three-days experience among hackers.