Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:12:45 +0530
From: Raj Mathur <raju@...ux-delhi.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re:
	Inside India’s CAPTCHA Solving Economy

On Sunday 31 Aug 2008, n3td3v wrote:
> At least its giving hundreds of thousands of poor indians employment,
> by paying them to manually create internet accounts for bot net
> herders to use. I don't know if thats what the Dancho Danchev blog
> post is about because I refuse to read anything by him or Zdnet. This
> activity of the bad guys employing poor internet users from
> developing countries isn't new. The bad guys, they target the folks
> in the developing countries to spend all day signing up web accounts
> manually, as they don't need to pay them an awful lot of money to do
> it, and they don't need to care about CAPTCHAs, because the poor
> citizens of the developing countries are entering the legitimate
> CAPTCHA word manually on behalf of the bad guys. There is a whole
> industry for it out there, and the folks in the developing countries
> don't mind helping out because they don't have much money and are
> pretty desperate, and to be honest, they don't actually know a lot of
> the time the scale of the operation they are getting involved in but
> they probably don't really care.

Thank you for the extremely patronising and ill-informed post.

I'd suggest the next time you don't have a clue about a region you keep
your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, rather than open it and be
confirmed as one.

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju@...dalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/