Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:03:04 -0700
From: "Luiz Eduardo" <le@...lophobia.net>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Call for Papers - YSTS 2.0 - 2008 - Sao Paulo/
	Brazil

(sorry for the xpostings)

 The call for papers for YSTS (you sh0t the sheriff) 2.0 is now open!

The 2nd edition will be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on November 17th and
18th, 2008

INTRODUCTION

YSTS is a very unique event dedicated to the top-notch Information Security
Society in Brazil, having local and speakers from abroad.

YSTS mixes the highest quality presentations, covering diverse topics in
information security, from all technical haxor to management C level good
stuff.

The goal is make the attendees get the "real big picture" of the current
state of information security world, mixing professionals from different
Infosec segments of the market.

For the attendees, this is almost an invite-only event. So, submitting a
talk is certainly a good hack to try to be there, specially if you're local.

Due to the success of last year's edition, we'll keep the same format:
- - Kicked-back and cozy environment
- - YSTS 2.0 will be held at an almost secret location
- - Once again, this secret location will, most likely, be a club or a bar
- - and yes, we have food and drinks

CONFERENCE TOPICS

The focus for YSTS 2.0 will include the following:
   * Operating Systems
   * Career and Management topics
   * Mobile Devices/Embedded Systems
   * Information Security Audit and Control
   * Web and anything 2.0
   * Information Security Policies
   * Networking/Telecommunication/Radio Frequencies
   * Incident Response & other applicable (and useful) Infosec Policies
   * Information Warfare
   * Malware/ BotNets
   * User awareness/ Social Networking Threats
   * Secure Programming
   * Hacker Spaces/ hacker community
   * Fuzzing
   * Physical Security
   * Virtualization
   * Cryptography / Obfuscation
   * Infrastructure and Critical Systems
   * Caipirinha Hacks
   * and everything else security related you might think would be good for
the conference

We like shorter talks, 30 minutes is plenty for you to deliver the message,
but, if you feel
like you need more time, please be specific in the paper submission

WHAT WOULD YOU GET BEING A SPEAKER?

   * Round-trip economy class air-ticket for one person
   * Airport transportation arrangements
   * 4 nights of accommodation
   * Breakfast, lunch and dinner during conference
   * After-conference parties
   * Auditing products in traditional Brazilian barbecue restaurants

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE A SPEAKER AND GO TO BRAZIL?

   * Sao Paulo is a melting-pot of different cultures, with plenty of stuff
to do
   * We really take care of our speakers (you don't have to trust us, I am
sure you know
     at least one of our previous speakers, check with them)
   * We highly recommend that if you're coming from abroad, you stick around
for a few more days
   * and yeah, beautiful people too

CFP SUBMISSION

Each paper submission must include the following information:

   * Name, title, address, email and phone/contact number
   * Short biography and qualification
   * Speaking experience
   * Summary or abstract for your presentation
   * Technical requirements (others than LCD Projector)
   * Other publications or conferences where this material has been or
     will be published/submitted.

We do accept submissions in English, Portuguese or Spanish.

IMPORTANT DATES

Final CFP Submission - October 5th, 2008
Final Notification of Acceptance - October 15th, 2008
Final Material Submission for accepted presentations - November 5th, 2008

    Please send your talk submission to cfp/at/ysts.org

CONTACT INFORMATION

General Inquiries:     b0ard/at/ysts.org
Sponsorship Inquiries:    sponsors/at/ysts.org

We hope to see you there!