Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:48:17 -0700
From: "jmoss" <jmoss@...ckhat.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: News from Black Hat: Upcoming Events and a New
	Webcast

Full Disclosure Ninjas,

This year's USA show is now in the books and I want to thank everyone for
helping Black Hat grow and become better over the years. We think it might
have been our best event ever with record attendance both in training and
briefings. In addition to the attendance records, our lineup of
presentations was our strongest ever. The strength of that lineup was in
part due to the input of our delegates - USA 2008 was the first event where
paid attendees participated in the presenter selection process. The results
of that collaboration were better than we expected and we look forward to
extending that innovation across our family of events.

BLACK HAT USA AUDIO VIDEO
By far, the most popular presentation was Dan Kaminsky's talk on the DNS
exploit - it dominated the news coverage and was attended by a standing room
only crowd that was somewhere near double the size the room was supposed to
hold. If you'd like video of that talk, you can find it on
https:/www.blackhat.com/ The rest of the show will be online in video and
audio formats soon.

If you'd like to see the white papers and slide presentations from BH USA
2008, they're available now on our US 2008 archive page. We've also got a BH
Flickr account if you'd like to see pictures of the event. Our photostream
on Flickr is named Black Hat Briefings. We'll be adding pictures from the
show steadily - if you have some you think others would like to see, let us
know by sending email to darington@...ckhat.com and we'll post those too.

FUTURE BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS
Next on the agenda is Black Hat Japan, which returns to the Keio Hotel in
Tokyo from October 5 to October 10. Delegate registration is open for this
event. If you're interested in attending, use the code BHUSJPPA for a
discount of JPY 20,000. We have a strong lineup of speakers for this event
that you can check out at:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-japan-08/brief-bh-jp-08-index.html.

Black Hat comes back across the pond for the DC event, which will take place
February 16-19, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. We've grown into a bigger
venue and we look forward to a dynamic conference with more training
offerings. Then Black Hat travels to Amsterdam for Black Hat Europe, which
returns to  the Moevenpick Hotel in Amsterdam from April 14-17.

Our flagship event, Black Hat USA 2009 is scheduled for July 25-30 at
Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip with four days of training, our
biggest Briefings ever as we move into the new and expanded conference
building being built as you read this!

NEW WEB CASTS!
Our successful webcast series returns to action on September 18 with a full
presentation of a very interesting talk from USA 2008 that got a good deal
of media attention - Alexander Sotirov and Mark Dowd's presentation entitled
"How To Impress Girls With Browser Memory Protection Bypasses." We're trying
something new here - we're going to use most of the hour to allow a full,
in-depth presentation, very similar to the way it was presented at the
event.  So if you've never attended a Black Hat presentation, this is your
chance to get a taste of what we do.  If you attended, but didn't get the
opportunity to hear Sotirov and Dowd speak, this will be great for you. Even
folks who attended the presentation at BH USA might benefit from the
opportunity to ask questions. You can register for the event at this gnarly
http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=117307&s=1&k=77CB8EE0B5BC4EC5AB070B8AB487B085

As always, if you'd like to get onto our mailing list to learn about
webcasts as they're announced, please drop us a line at
subscribe-webcasts@...ckhat.com.  You can also have access to all of Black
Hat's breaking news by following us:
- Twitter at https://twitter.com/BlackHatUSA2008.
- Our RSS feed at https://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

Note: If you'd like to be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to
this message with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Thank you,
Jeff Moss