Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:09:01 +0200
From: "Michael Boman" <michael.boman@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Paul Asadoorian of PaulDotCom Enterprises /
	Podcast is ridiculous

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:29 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
> The third thing to keep in mind is that "bleeding edge" doesn't always (and
> in fact rarely, if ever) correspond to what's out in the real world. OK, so
> you're peeved because the guy talked about WRT54G and didn't cover Kamikazi.

Something else that one needs to remember is the thing called "lead
time". If you were to write a book today about the latest exploit on
the net, we still wouldn't see it in the bookstores until after
Christmas. Writing a book is a *lot* of job. If you checked their
website, and listen to their podcast, you will notice that when they
were writing the book the Kamakazi release was still SVN-only and
writing anything about such software on something that is created by
dead trees is a waste of resources (the OpenWRT team could have
changed the whole build system by the time the book went out to the
shops).

Yes, I may be a fan boy of the show (did even sponsor them with some
cool custom laptop skins), but it does not change the fact that print
media is a slow moving beast.

--
http://michaelboman.org - Security Blog & Wiki