Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:53:13 -0500
From: "Big R" <randallm@...mail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 44, Issue 36

n3rd3v,
I must differ with you on this (not the politics). Awareness is much needed.
Why just the other day an older women in our plant asked me what she felt
was a "silly question" (because they don't know); "That thing, guess you
call it a tower, what maintenance or stuff should I do to it. Its been
sitting on my kitchen table for 4 years".

Does it sound like she needs education on that "thing"? And don't say "see,
it hasn't worked she doesn't know"!
That dog doesn't hunt anymore. She stands in a plant all day and goes home
to view email and look up cooking sites.
That's the computer crackers want in and to own. How does Homeland reach
her? The grandma's, neighbors, etc?

Just an idea on infections among the local daily computer users can be seen
in our "United Way" auction. We place different items for users to bid on.
One we did from the IT Dept. was bring that "sick" computer in. Lots of bids
for it. People are infected continually and they don't understand why?
Period.

I still believe that the best firewall is the user.

--
been great, thanks and yes I top post
Big R

Content of type "text/html" skipped