Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 04:39:13 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Time to patch Windows boxes with MS08-067

"we" (the community) shouldn't be playing into the hacker spirit of
things. by increasing your threat level publicly plays into the hacker
mind-set that they can *take over* and be causing problems on a wider
scale. we should be dampening the hacker spirit by not letting them
visually see anyone panicking or there being an increased level of
concern. don't give the overall aura that hackers can have an affect
on us, and that even though we might be working hard behind the scenes
in an increased level of busi-ness, this shouldn't be communicated
outward to the hacker community, as it gives satisfaction to the
hacker community as a whole that they are beating us down. its about
psyops against the enemy, not that the threat level is not there, just
don't communicate your fears and concerns outward to the hacker
community, not just to those hackers willing to take part in attacks,
but just everyone on looking and thinking, "look at them increasing
their threat level because of "hackers""... don't give them that
satisfaction and morale boost.---n3td3v.