Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:49:08 -0500
From: "Castigliola, Angelo" <ACastigliola@...M.COM>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>, "Anders B Jansson" <hdw@...listi.se>
Subject: Re: [Cross Post] [Job Interview Guidance
	Request]Computer Forensics Officer

Aaron,

As Ivan pointed out, I think that knowing the basics principals and
security fundamentals is all you can do. In the field of data forensics
I would recommend having or at least knowing about particular
certifications. EnCase (
http://www.guidancesoftware.com/training/index.aspx ) is the industry
leader in data forensics where techniques and evidence collection have
been recognized by courts worldwide. Data forensics is such a new
market, general IT security is just now being taken seriously, there are
not a ton of established world recognized organizations with published
standards. It just has not matured yet. So I don't think any reasonable
employer would expect you to be an expert in all that is data forensics.

I think knowing the regulatory laws regarding data would be your best
place to start. In America you should know about the Sarbanes-Oxley Act,
in particular complying with section 404. Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act, FERC/NERC, FFIEC & CLBA, and ITIL. Some
international standards are ISO 17799, EU Directive, and UK Data
Protection.

Good Luck.

P.S. full-disclosure please ignore n3td3v.

Angelo Castigliola III
EISRM - Application Security Architecture

Unum

acastigliola@...m.com