Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:13:46 -0600
From: "Chris Jeane" <rysheve@...il.com>
To: "Mike C" <mike.cartall@...il.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Project Chroma: A color code for the state
	ofcyber security

If you are taking a proactive approach to security, maybe you should always
remind the user to be careful with their data.
How about 'all desktops have an icon or widget (say at the right hand
corner)' that flashes red every five minutes and says 'be careful with the
data you share.' This solution removes the overhead of all that pesky
monitoring and data mining.

The internet is a dangerous place, and will continue to be. My 'noob'
grandmother doesn't need a 1-5 Danger Scale to keep her from being scammed
when she buys holiday gifts online. [Grandmother Voice] 'Ohh dear we are at
Internet Danger Level: Tangerine, guess I can't order those knit socks for
Johnny today.' [End Grandmother Voice]

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM, rholgstad <rholgstad@...il.com> wrote:

> Mike C wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:27 PM, rholgstad <rholgstad@...il.com> wrote:
> >
> >> and how does making a color based on these inputs protect people?
> >>

> > Once all desktops have an icon or widget (say at the right hand
> > corner) with the color, and this is consistently seen everywhere, the
> > users will start associating with their online security. they will be
> > reminded that they have to be careful with the data they share.
> >
> > This, if implemented correctly will be a boon to security industry,
> > where the weakest kinks currently are 'n00b'  users.

Content of type "text/html" skipped