Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 18:14:19 -0600
From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@...rr.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The war in Palestine

--On January 3, 2009 5:28:54 PM -0600 Mainbox Notif <rokadeana@...il.com>
wrote:

> I am just ' lurking'  this newsletter for a while. And normally I do not
> post. I'm the typical ' lurker'.
>
> But this time I felt that I ' have to'  post. To comment this. (Beside
> that I thought this newsletter is about Disclosure of security-issues).

Let me be frank.  This list is about security, but so long as people
persist in posting lies to the list I will post facts.

> IMO the Palestinians act in a desperate manner.
> When somebody else is taken my home, my country. Or, when I *give* a
> part of my country to them, they are still my guest.

No, when you "give" someone a part of your country it is now their
country.  They are no longer your guest.  Nor do you have the right to
attack them unprovoked.

> So, please, act like a guest. Do not ask more. You are a guest in my
> country. In my home.
> Please, act like a guest.

Israelis are not guests in Palestine.  Palestine is Palestine.  Israel is
Israel.  The sooner the Palestinians realize that, the sooner true peace
will come to the area.

> You can sleep here, you can eat from my ' ground' . You can live in my
> country. You are welcome. Like everybody. Lets live in peace together.
> You have your opinion, I have mine. You have your religion, I have mine.
> You have your culture. I have mine. Lets respect each other.

A fine sentiment, but I fail to see how any of it applies to Palestine.

> But, If my guest thinks he can overrule me, if my guest thinks that he
> can 'own'  my country, my home, or my religion. Then he is no longer my
> guest, but becomes my enemy.
>
> And when my enemy is stronger, more powerful, and has more influence.
> Then we have a problem.
> And then I can act desperate.

This so-called "desperation" results in over 3000 unprovoked rocket and
mortar attacks in one year?  And Hamas persists on using Palestinian
civilians as human shields for their attacks so that they can claim the
Israelis target civilians any time they retaliate for repeated attacks.

> When I ask my guest to go out of my country, or go out of my house. Then
> I suspect he is leaving.
> And when he don't? And when I do not have other options? I have to load
> my weapons.

Whose country are you talking about?  Israel isn't occupying Palestine.

> I'm not Palestinian, I'm not Arabic. I'm a normal guy living in Europe.
> But, sometimes, I can have some understanding for the Palestinians.
>
> And, please, know that I am against any form of violence. But when there
> are no other options. I don't know how I should act.
> And you?

If the Palestinians want peace, let them stop attacking Israel.  Israel is
not the aggressor.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.