Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 14:54:25 +0100 (CET)
From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@....pp.se>
To: Alaa Abdelwahab <alaa.abdelwahab@...e.fr>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The war in Palestine

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Alaa Abdelwahab wrote:

> I agree with your 2nd paragraph, but I still can understand how
> Desperate they are just to show that they are still really there and
> able to resist.

Yes, they've been doing that for over 50 years now, it's not working. Time
to change strategy.

> If they stop doing any thing knowing that they have no resources at all (No
> water/Power/fuel/airports/schools, completely surrounded by enemies, so they
> just resist, using any means even stones.

It's not productive.

> Since when the existence resistance is calculated by numbers of sacrifices,
> I'm not sure from where you are and if have ever been occupied before, you
> can ask the French/Algerian/Bosnian/Chinese/Egyptians/Vietnamese ....  ppl
> how many sacrifices they offer to get independent and to deserve their
> freedom.

The part of Sweden I am from was forcefully taken from Denmark in 1658, it
had been danish since around 900 or so. Before that there wasn't much
organised state.

So, some of my "ancestors" used to be danish, now I am swedish. Does this
mean I should revold against the now swedish state, because 350 years ago
there was a genocide where I grew up (40% of the population died over a
few decades). No, that's not very productive. Sometimes it's just better
to forget history (or at least forgive) than to cause MORE bloodshed over
historic bloodshed.

The Marshall plan after the second world war is a good example. After WWI
winners tried to punish the losers. The losers felt unjust punished and
revolted, so we had WWII. After WWII the losers were integrated instead,
and now we've had peace in most of europe since 1945. The only part of the
europe which has seen war is one of the regions where there has been a lot
of historical grudges (former jugoslavia) and where people keep these
grudges living and keep the hate flowing. Even liberals there bicker
about who did what do whom 600 years ago.

> And they are always very proud of that

You can't eat proudness.

Sometimes you just have to try to do the best with what you have, instead
of trying to resurrect old history. It's usually only used as a tool by
leaders to keep themselves in power, extremeism only leads to suffering.
Time to realise we're all humans instead, and try to work together to
create a better world.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@....pp.se