Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:25:52 +0200
From: "Avraham Schneider" <avri.schneider@...il.com>
To: "Ed Carp" <erc@...ox.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The war in Palestine

The basic facts:

    * Israel has always tried to prevent injuring civilians.  The
number of innocent Palestinian civilians intentionally targeted by
Israel is precisely zero.  The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has been
trying to pinpoint the terrorists themselves, many of whom
unfortunately hide behind civilians as shields, in their houses and in
their mosques.
    * Despite the recent violence, Israel continues to facilitate
humanitarian assistance to Gaza. In just the past few days, while
Hamas has continued to fire rockets into Israel, more than 60
truckloads of humanitarian supplies and 105,000 gallons of fuel were
transferred to Gaza. Israel also continues to provide 70 percent of
Gaza's electricity.
    * Since Israel's 2005 full withdrawal from Gaza, Hamas has
indiscriminately fired more than 6,500 rockets at Israeli population
centers; more than 3000 were fired in 2008 alone.
    * Hamas, backed by Iran, has turned Gaza into a daily launching
pad of terror against thousands Israeli civilians for years.
    * Hamas stores its large cache of illegally smuggled arms in, and
launches its daily barrage of missiles from, large civilian population
centers placing innocent Palestinian civilians directly in the line of
fire.
    * No country in the world would tolerate a situation where its
civilians are terrorized daily by rockets fired from across the
border.
    * If American civilians would have become targets to such terror
attacks from across the border, does anyone doubt the US would respond
very forcefully? Viewed from this perspective, Israel has shown
restraint to date.