Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:35:32 -0500
From: Pete Licoln <pete.licoln@...il.com>
To: Krakow Labs <krakowlabs@...il.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Browser Fuzzer 2

Hi Jeremy,

I think this fuzzer is useless, and doesn't have any kind of innovation.
This fuzzer acts as a cheap binary fuzzer, without any automation on the
targeted browser, like your others fuzzers you've wrote.
There's severals DOM CSS DHTML fuzzers written in JS way more powerfull, did
you heard about them ?

Next time  take some times before releasing such useless stuff.

Regards

2009/1/31 Krakow Labs <krakowlabs@...il.com>

> That is one point I would like to get across: fuzzing doesn't have to be
> and frequently isn't random, no matter how much the wikis copy its
> 'definition'. The fuzzing oracle is the heart of the fuzzing process,
> and making sure it is adequate to check for bugs is, I feel, a key to
> being successful when fuzzing. I understand that near complete
> randomness can be effective as demonstrated with mangleme, etc, but I
> rarely choose that approach when working on projects; I just do not
> think of it as a huge benefit. And the number of fuzzing files is
> limited to the functions and tags and to the fuzzing oracle, all of
> which can be modified and rearranged. Information, information,
> information :)
>
> You did ask some good questions, thanks for your input.
>
> webDEViL wrote:
> > Hello Jeremy,
> >
> > I am in no way trying to criticise your work, just had a few questions
> > that I had to ask :)
> >
> > Your fuzzers are like meant to be run only once, cause pretty much
> > everyone will have the same files created.
> > Why isnt there any randomness in creating the fuzzed files?
> > bf2[phase four] JS Process Complete (Final Count: 8004).
> >
> > Well I am saying that your fuzzer will die, in like a day, cause the
> > number of files is finite and very few in number.
> > Whats the point with such fuzzers being released to the community?
> >

> > Regards,
> > webDEViL
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Krakow Labs <krakowlabs@...il.com
> > <mailto:krakowlabs@...il.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Krakow Labs Development
> >
> >     Browser Fuzzer 2 (bf2) is a comprehensive web browser fuzzer that
> >     fuzzes
> >     CSS, DOM, HTML and JavaScript.
> >
> >     bf2 is available @ www.krakowlabs.com <http://www.krakowlabs.com>
> >     <http://www.krakowlabs.com>