Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 14:28:27 +0100
From: "Daniel Kachakil" <dani@...hakil.com>
To: "Paul Schmehl" <pschmehl_lists_nada@...rr.com>,
	<full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: SFX-SQLi: A new SQL injection technique for
	SQL	Server (dumps a table in one request!)

Dear Paul:

Thanks for your comments. And yes, I think you are 100% right. The SFX-SQLi
"injection technique/method" (is there a better name for it?) will not help
you to extract more data than other existing techniques.

The XMLSCHEMA option is only an alternative way to get the column names
(instead of using SYSOBJECTS, for instance). Maybe it can also bypass some
basic filters (e.g. there is no need to use the WHERE clause), but this is
secondary...

The main difference is this:
- Time-based SQL injection:  1 request -> 1/2 char using Deep Blind (but
very slowly)
- Blind SQL injection:  1 request -> 1/7 char
- Union / error-based SQL injection:  1 request -> 1 field
- SFX-SQL injection:  1 request -> 1 table

So yes, this technique will extract the same data, but thousands of times
faster than other methods.

Regards,
  Daniel Kachakil