Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:14:25 -0700
From: "jmoss" <jmoss@...ckhat.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Black Hat USA Videos available to D/L

Hey Full Disclosure,

I am proud to announce that the audio and video from BH USA 2008 is now available for free download, and is in several formats, the first of which is a large, hi-res format with video-sync speaker and presentation:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-08/bh-usa-08-archive.html

BLACK HAT EUROPE 2009 - Register now!
Time is running out to register at the late rate of €1295, so please consider signing up promptly if you have plans to attend. The onsite price that applies after April 1 is considerably higher. This applies to Training sessions as well as the Briefings portion of the event.
https://commerce.blackhat.com/selection/bh_europe_2009

If you’re planning to attend Black Hat Europe, you can begin mapping out the presentations you want to see by visiting our Briefings Schedule page at:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-09/bh-eu-09-schedule.html.

- - All Your Packets Are Belong to Us - Attacking Backbone Technologies by Enno Rey and Daniel Mende. Enno previewed this presentation at our last webcast, and it is a truly fascinating and sobering look at threats to the carrier space.
https://media.blackhat.com/webinars/black-hat-webcast-9-march-2009-eupreview.m4b

- - Stripping SSL To Defeat HTTPS In Practice  by Moxie Marlinspike. This is an expansion and update to the presentation that Moxie gave at Black Hat DC, where it got possibly the most press of any talk at the event.
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-dc-09/bh-dc-09-archives.html#Marlinspike
https://media.blackhat.com/bh-dc-09/blackhat-dc-09-marlinspike-interview.m4v

- - Fun and Games Using In-Memory Execution on Mac OS X by Charlie Miller and Vincenzo Iozzo. This is a presentation by two Mac security experts that explores a whole new vector for attacks on OS X. This presentation also had a very promising preview on our last webcast.
https://media.blackhat.com/webinars/black-hat-webcast-9-march-2009-eupreview.m4b

BLACK HAT USA 2009
July 25-30 isn’t as far away as it might sound.  We’re returning to Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip, and this year we’ve got a lot more space to work with. We’re well into our preparations to bring you a great conference. All your favorite events will be back, as well as some new surprises!
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration-usa-09.html

USA 2009 CALL FOR PAPERS:
We’re still accepting proposals for Black Hat USA 2009 until May 1, 2009.  If you’ve got something you want the security world to hear, submit it at https://cfp.blackhat.com/ Early selection begin May 1st, with the selection process done June 1.

If you like the idea of helping to set the agenda for Black Hat, it’s also a good time to get registered and begin helping us rate and review our presentations.  Paid delegates have access to information about all submitted presentations. The ratings and reviews we get from you help us to create the Briefings lineup. This year the CFP system gets some usability updates to better navigate the hundreds of submissions the USA conference gets.

Space:
Caesars has added (another!) conference expansion for this year and Black Hat will be taking advantage of it. The expanded space means quite a few things - less traffic congestion in the hallways, for starters.  What we’re really excited about, though, is the fact that we’ll have a meet and greet room for each track. This means that after each presentation you’ll be able to follow the speaker(s) into a designated Q&A session and spend some time in a quieter, more personal setting with the speaker and other audience members. This has worked successfully for Black Hat at the smaller conferences and now we are going to try it on a much larger scale at the USA event.

FACEBOOK – we’re trying out a Facebook fan page. If you’re a Facebook user, we’d love to have you join and use it as a place to communicate and share with us. The link is:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Hat-Briefings/107691635153

TWITTER – We’ve been twittering since Black Hat USA 2008 covering Black Hat updates, speakers in the news, and security news that is relevant to us.
https://twitter.com/blackhatevents

LINKEDIN – We have a group on LinkedIn that’s over 3,000 members strong.  In a time of economic volatility, it’s good to network with likeminded people. Join in at:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=37658&trk=hb_side_g

Choose whatever method works best for you, but get involved with our growing community.

Jeff Moss