Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:25:11 -0500
From: "Valdis' Mustache" <security.mustachio@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Hacker Space Fest 2009 CFP: Call For Paper

Mr. Bien,

To eliminate further confusion and resurrect two archaisms at once, I
propose we heretofore refer to denizens of these emerging "Hackerspaces" as
"Gay Hackers", and from this point on speak of their meeting places as
"GaySpaces".

Your Humble Servant,
E mustaqe të Valdis

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM, T Biehn <tbiehn@...il.com> wrote:

> Valdis,
> Mr. Mailinglist's stated intention was ruin, as clearly can been seen
> from the e-mail.
> Ruiners haven't forgotten... The old definition of 'hacker' is just
> archaic. Sort of like you're trying to bring back 'gay means happy.'
> I bet you love the HOPE kool aid.
>
> -Travis
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:57:39 EDT, T Biehn said:
> >
> >> Anyways an open 'underground' hackerspace has to be the worst idea
> >> ever. Why put a bunch of government ruiners in the same
> >> ('surveil-able') physical location? The biggest asset to 'the
> >> resistance' is the fact that it's near impossible for LE to bust
> >> anyone, put them all in a room conspiring and then you're...
> >
> > The basic idea is to attract enough wannabies and posers so that the real
> > miscreants can fly under the radar.
> >
> > There's also apparently a large segment of the "ruiners" who have
> forgotten
> > what the *original* meaning of the word "hacker" was, and are confused
> when
> > the /tmp/lab crew is using the old meaning.

Content of type "text/html" skipped