Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:00:23 -0700
From: "Matthew 10:34" <gluttony@...il.com>
To: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Dear new antisec movement

Whoever hacked imageshack, I don't know who you are, but I certainly
appreciate your revival of the antisec movement. Imageshack getting
ruined is quite a big target. You guys clearly have the right idea of
how to get the message out.

However, you're missing some essential traits that many of the
original characters of the antisec movement had: a great sense of
humor, a flair for style, and a proper understanding of scorched earth
tactics. By taking the torch for the antisec movement you've got some
pretty big shoes to fill, and I'd like to offer some pointers for you
so that moving forward you may have hope of growing into them.

Jimjones' moral leadership of PHC employed a great use of humor, and
he clearly put his life where his mouth was as he is now in jail for
giving assistance to underground causes purely to satisfy moral
compulsions. I hope you believe in it as much as he believed in it.

You can get a message in front of many pairs of eyes. However, the
majority of the brains connected to them don't even have the IQ
necessary to understand that message. Would would have been a real
lesson to your target audience would have been the permanent
destruction of Imageshack's business model.

Imageshack converts UGC to pageviews to ad revenue. The proper
execution of this ruin would have been such:
* Encrypt a message to a widely-read public mailing list (like this
one) 24 hours before launch with your manifesto, and exactly what was
about to happen to imageshack
* Replace Imageshack images with shock pics and gore
* Release proof in the form of the key to decrypt original message
with plaintext manifesto and announcement

Countless retards' Myspaces covered in pain4.jpg would have
permanently destroyed the perception of Imageshack forever. It would
have left a milestone of a ruined business that people would have
remembered. As it stands, you covered retards' Myspaces with a
hifalutin document that they have no ability to understand and have
already forgotten. Its like you've bought a gigantic amount of
pageviews CPM style and written really bad copy for it.

A few years back, I think 2003 or whatever there was SQL slammer.
Insofar as worldwide impact it was probably the biggest ruin of all
time. There was no internet access or ATMs that worked in my whole
county. That's a pretty significant disruption of services. Nobody
remembers that shit. Any temporary disruption of services or user
experience will be forgotten. To do a truly transcendental ruin, you
have to permanently destroy something, whether it be someone's
business or career. The original antisec movement knew this, and
consistently generated destruction that made a difference in peoples
lives. Men are slower to forget an idea when someone gets nailed up to
a cross over it. (BlueBoar, lookin' right at you)

I hope you grow into those shoes you're trying to wear. They're of the
finest material and craftsmanship.