Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:49:47 +0200
From: taha <tahacalypse@...il.com>
To: yersinia <yersinia.spiros@...il.com>
Cc: Kingcope <kcope2@...glemail.com>, advisories@...ern0t.net,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: THISISNOTMYEXPLOIT

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 3:25 PM, yersinia <yersinia.spiros@...il.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Kingcope<kcope2@...glemail.com> wrote:
> > Hello people,
> > Yes there is a warning when the PoC is compiled. But I guess that is
> > not a big issue.
>
> No, problem. It is only necessary to include stdlib.h because malloc
> is implicitily defined (gcc complaint). Anyway,  your POC work as
> aspected. Thanks. In this days it is difficult to see a true exploit
> in a mailing list. The fact that bug was discovered from someone else
> is not important : you have rewritten in another language, so it is
> only your work.
>
> Regards
> > So about what PoC am I talking about?
> > It seems that the moderator of bugtraq keeps blocking me because of fancy
> > headlines maybe. The moderator of bugtraq blocked the actual exploit but
> let
> > the following messages slip through. The PoC is on milw0rm.com and
> > full disclosure.
> > Thanks for clarifying the issue with the zones, I really have not a
> > 100% understanding
> > of the DNS protocol therefore I took a guess on my named.conf file and
> put the
> > address into the PoC.
> >
> > Thanks for your time,
> >
> > Kingcope
> >

> > 2009/7/31 yersinia <yersinia.spiros@...il.com>:
> >> Repost for mailing problem.

> include stdlib.h for malloc.

Hello all,
By reading the US-CERT vulnerability issue (CVE-2009-0696) I found this :
"The vulnerability affects all servers that are masters for one or more
zones and is not limited to those that are configured to allow dynamic
updates ". I have some Infoblox master DNS servers with not-allowed dynamic
updates, so I'm wondering if they are vulnerable to this attack and if
somebody test this PoC on a DNS server which not allow dynamic updates? What
is the comportement in this case?

Thanks for the help,

--
taha