Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:17:58 -0600
From: Chris <r0ck@...ramail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Dumb question: Is Windows box behind a router
 safe ?

Bullshit.

Screw NAT, screw routers, screw bots.

The *FIRST* thing Steve should be doing is patching his computer.  There is absolutely no freaking excuse for having an unpatched or halfway patched computer running Windows whatever.  Microsoft has made Windows Update idiotproof...to the point where any average desktop user NOT using it is a moron.

To try to compensate for his lazy, half-assed attitude is just putting a band-aid on the Grand Canyon.

To think that his unpatched and probably already compromised computer is safe just because it sits behind a router, of which he has no idea if it is secured, is the blind leading the blind.

PATCH THAT BOX.  Turn on Automatic Updates, set them to install and reboot automatically, Steve.  You won't have to do anything except keep living in the fantasyland you live in now...but at least your computers won't be spewing out garbage.