Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:36:21 -0500
From: Michael Krymson <krymson@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: McKesson Horizon Clinical Infrastructure
	(HCI) version 7.6/7.8/10.0/10.1 hardcoded passwords

Oh shit, accounting@...esson.com bounced, too! That must mean they don't
even have any accounting!

Your discovery made a healthcare IT 'news' site. Maybe if you ask nicely,
this 'mover and shaker' with the too-busy blog will grace us with his
technical debunking of this issue!

http://histalk2.com/ "From *Secret Squirrel*: “Re: McKesson. Horizon
Clinical Infrastructure (HCI) appears to use hard-coded database passwords.
A security organization has run the entire password list online.” I thought
everyone knew that, but maybe not (I reconsidered adding fuel to the
technical fire, so I’m not including the link). The poster was amused that
e-mailing security@...esson.com bounced back as undeliverable. I would
imagine that many vendors have services that log on as “users” that may or
may not use encrypted passwords, some of which give full read/write/update
database privileges. I would also imagine that vendors ship default
passwords (some intended as their own “back door” in case clients screw up)
that unlock every system they’ve ever sold. The clients I’ve known never
seem to worry much about that."

Content of type "text/html" skipped