Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:56:55 -0600
From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@...rr.com>
To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: How Prosecutors Wiretap Wall Street

--On November 5, 2009 10:03:31 PM -0600 Chris <r0ck@...ramail.com> wrote:

>> Sure, because we all know those rat bastards at the NSA and all those
>> federal judges don't give a shit about the USA or freedom or personal
>> rights.
>
> What do you say to the 99.99% approval rate?  Are the FBI and other
> enforcement agencies just that good or is there a rubber stamp at work
> here?

Not being privy to the process, I couldn't even say if the approval
process is that high.  I'm not inclined to believe it simply because some
reporter or secret source claimed it to be true.  You, of course, live
with the absolute certainty that you know the truth and no other possible
explanation is plausible than the one you believe.

I think this subject matter is far too complex for you to understand.  You
require simple explanations for everything.  The government is always and
wholly evil.  People who reveal secrets that they've sworn not to reveal
always tell the truth.  Etc., etc.

>> When you forget that the people who work in government are just like
>> you, trying to make a living and do the best they can, it's easy to
>> depersonalize them and demonize them as if they're all blackhearted evil
>> turds.  Easy, that is, if you don't have much of a brain.
>
> What an idealistic view.  How quant.  I suppose you believe in truth,
> justice, and the American way as well.  This is 2009.  Wake up, Paul.
> The government is about one thing -- staying in existence.  Given your
> stance on other topics, I'm surprised you don't realize this.

Human nature doesn't change when you get hired by the government.  Motives
will be the same as they are in every other field of endeavor.  Or do you
seriously believe that as soon as one receives their first payroll check
from Uncle Sam that they immediately become part and parcel of the evil
empire?

BTW, it isn't the government that is about staying in existence so much as
it is the politicians.  Change that, and you can change the government.
Or is that to hard a concept to follow?

> Wow.  How did you pull that fact out of your ass?  Nobody mentioned
> violating their oaths of office...except you.  more diversionary
> bullshit.

Math wasn't your long suit, huh?

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own