Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:45:43 -0600
From: Rohit Patnaik <quanticle@...il.com>
To: RandallM <randallm@...mail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: need advice on adtmt cookie

As far as I can tell, admt is a name of an ad-delivery network, and the admt
that McAfee is detecting is the name of the tracking cookie that it uses.
As far as risk goes, I'd say it is no more risky than any other tracking
cookie.  Delete it if you want, but it hasn't really caused any issues for
me.

--Rohit Patnaik

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM, RandallM <randallm@...mail.com> wrote:

> Since using the virtual software McAfee web and email scanner I have
> noticed a lot of blocks of the adtmt cookie (seen as an unwanted
> program) but see alot of these blocks on FaceBook. I have googled but
> only seem to find "bad", "how to get rid of adtmt.exe" ect. Could
> someone shed light on the security risk of this? If I am blocking it
> because I am surfing through the McAfee web scanner what is happening
> or what are folks open to who see this or click it?
>

> --
> been great, thanks
> a.k.a System

Content of type "text/html" skipped