Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:34:27 -0500
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To: full-disclosure@...e-mail.net
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The Cyber War Conspiracy

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:45:53 EST, full-disclosure@...e-mail.net said:
> Valdis isn't a random person either, hes proved hes pro-cyber war with a
> vested interest against me saying any of this stuff.

Actually, if you paid any attention, you'd have noticed that in general
I take positions that would severely cripple the government's ability to
wage a cyber-war (for instance, anybody who thinks I'm in favor of increased
government monitoring/filtering/surveillance of network traffic is invited
to go re-read any of the multiple times I've gotten on Paul Schmehl's case
about it).

It's true that I spend a lot of time doing things that would count as preparing
for defense against a cyber-war launched against us - but that's purely
accidental.  It's just that the same exact defenses against a cyber-war are for
the most part the same exact best practices used for protecting your site
against all the non-cyberwar threats out there (everything from RBN malware to
getting DDoS's by some IRC kiddie).

And my "vested interest" is only that the discourse on the net works a lot
better if everybody is on the same planet - it's hard for anybody to read
(for example) your waffling on whether you do/don't/wanna work for MI4/5/6/7
to come to the conclusion that you're a resident of Planet Earth most of
the time.

Seriously - seek professional help returning to Planet Earth.