Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:00:33 +0000
From: mrx <mrx@...pergander.org.uk>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: iiscan results

Vincent,

Although the actual results of the scan were displayed in English in the online html report,
the suggested solutions were in fact in Chinese.

Checking my access logs reveals multiple attempts of the same attack/probe, for example multiple identical POSTs to the same page:

216.18.22.46 - - [06/Jan/2010:11:33:01 +0000] "POST /properblog/wp-login.php HTTP/1.0" 200 2554 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows
NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) NOSEC.JSky/1.0"

There are around 100 entries identical to the above in my log. I don't know if this is by design or not but it does seem to be a little inefficient.

I also noticed there were no attempts at information disclosure via the TRACE method, nor were any attempts made at SQL injection despite my
selecting "all" in the scan options. Not that my site is vulnerable in any way ;-)

Hope this helps

regards
mrx

Vincent Chao wrote:
> Thank you for your analysis. It really helps me.
>
> And I also found the PDF report mail to us is in Chinese, in the website of
> iiScan, however, to see the report of html or PDF format is English (of
> course can change to Chinese).

- --
Mankind's systems are white sticks tapping walls.
Thanks Roy
http://www.propergander.org.uk