Date: 15 Jan 2010 18:26:43 -0000
From: "Prashant" <clickprashant@...iffmail.com>
To: <jeffwillis30@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re:
	Cross site scriping Vulnerabilites in Testlink TestManagement and Execution System

Jeff ,

I dont know its right or wrong to disclose developer name in a timeline  but some times it helps finding the contact points of the vendor from old mail archive and in my case it did help. I know its debatable ..

There are lots of advisories which had used timelines and these have been released by reputed companies.
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2009-December/071923.html
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2009-October/071052.html

If Vendor is big company i guess its not a good idea to state Vendor name in timeline. But if vendor is opensource then i guess there is no harm giving developer name in timeline .Getting contact point of open source softwares can some times be painful.

Btw that i know there is no real world revelance of and exploit for XSS which triggers a jscript alert. The POC which i  gave with this advisory was just to Verify the issue as this particular XSS can only be exploited with an "Authenticated HTTP POST"

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:29:09 +0530  wrote
>Prashant,Usually we do not mention the engineer/dev name's in a timeline, that's totaly a jackass move.Anyone civilized would mention in this case : "{DATE}  says "
Btw posting an "exploit" to trigger a Js alert, it's priceless; Dude you made my night.  2010/1/15 Prashant
1.Title :Cross site scriping Vulnerabilites in Testlink TestManagement and Execution System.
Discovered by: Prashant Khandelwal (clickprashant@...il.com)

2.Vulnerability Information
  Class: Cross site scriping
  Impact :Code execution
  Remotely Exploitable: Yes
  Locally Exploitable: No

3. Vulnerable packages.

   Versions affected :All versions ">alert(726367128870)%3B

   Request

   POST /testlink/lib/usermanagement/usersView.php HTTP/1.0

   Accept: */*
   Cookie: PHPSESSID=8ea021778858f826c5aab8be8f38868c;TL_lastTestProjectForUserID_1=2381
   Connection: Close
   Pragma: no-cache

   operation=order_by_role&order_by_role_dir=asc&order_by_login_dir=1>">alert(726367128870)%3B&user_order_by=order_by_login

5. Proof Of Concept

======================
#!/usr/bin/env bash
# Prashant Khandelwal [clickprashant@...il.com]
# Cross site scripting in Testlink the Test Management Tool

# Vendor : Testlink http://www.teamst.org
# Affected Version : userView.php

echo "Please open userView.php in browser a java script alert with  text 123456789  should pop up"

=====================

6. Report Timeline

I)  5-Jan-2010
    Vulnerability dicovered

II) 11-Jan-2010

    Notified about the vulnerability to the developer Francisco Mancardi & Martin Havlat from testlink team

IV) 11-Jan-2010
    Francisco Mancardi ask for POC.

V)  14-Jan-2010
    POC's given

VI) 15-Jan-2010
    Francisco Mancardi says these vulnerabilities cannot be patched at the moment and has not commited any timeline for fixing the same.

Content of type "text/html" skipped