Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:18:28 -0500
From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy@...cyonlabs.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: How I become Vice President of Security at
 Yahoo! 1999-2005.

Decent attempt at trolling. Some beginner mistakes, but the message was
relayed as intended (I'm sure). Comments inline.

On Fri, February 19, 2010 6:45 pm, John Q Public wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I've been holding this one back for a while. It's been eating at my skin.
>
> I was just an intern at the time, but I'd get the mail, copy the text,
> delete his mail, and send the mail to my supervisor, authored by me.

Clarify the type of mail - it adds texture to the troll.

> I still remember the friendships I made at Yahoo. The cute girlfriends I
> have and how it changed my life. I remember I was just some office kid
> opening up emails in outlook 2000. But I risen to be so much more. This
> mysterious person helped me do it.

Perhaps some reflection on the type of assistance? Also, Yahoo! employees
do not have cute girlfriends.

> Eventually, I was promoted up Vice President of Security at Yahoo! and
> made nearly six figures a year.

The salary figure is off. Take into consideration the role, size of
organization and geographical location. Then again, the "experience" you
detailed would possibly justify this low figure.

> This is what I did. And I told no one. All I know is there is a kid whose
> advice I took credit for and he is the key factor for my success in life.
>
> I live in a $500k condo in Mountain View. Wife, 2 kids, and a Lexus (2009
> Hybrid, Italian leather seats, TV in backseat for the kids).

That amount in Mountain View would get you 20x20 in someone's basement.
Also, they don't make seats with the skin of Italian people. Some ethical
thing.

> I just wanted to let you know that the security tips helped. I feel
> pretty guilty for flat out taking credit for all his work though. I just
> had to get it off my chest.
>
> Thank you so much, if you read this list. You've touched my life.

> verified at https://www.hushtools.com/verify Version: Hush 3.0

Hmm. Must be legit. It's signed!

Okay, break time is over. Back to code monkeying.

Randy