Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:13:46 -0400
From: T Biehn <tbiehn@...il.com>
To: mrx <mrx@...pergander.org.uk>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Fingerprinting Paper with Laser

What 'limits'? What 'acceptable range' are you talking about?
I think they scan the surface doing pit depth / pit counts like an expensive
cd reader.
Within this presumption, you have to fingerprint either the whole document
or a small square. It cannot be duplicated, it cannot be used to
authenticate 'batches.' It could only be included in some piggyback data
e.g. in the smartcard. Preferrably signed. With some glorious pki.

Keep trying,

-Travis