Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:18:37 -0700
From: J Roger <securityhocus@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Setting the record straight on "The Return
	ofKoobface"

You make valid points. Perhaps n3td3v was actually on to something for once
when he suggested embracing Twitter as a medium for consolidating and
distributing security related news. Not for long term storage etc. but
simple short FYI type messages. Feeds like the Infosec News mailing list
don't work since they only ever publish the big boys like Danchev. FD has
too much SNR issues. etc.

A twitter group with no personal comments, "Hey it was great seeing you @
the con!". Just pure, "Koobface is exploding right now. Is anyone else
paying attention to this? More information @ http://www..."

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Mr. Hinky Dink <dink@...inkydink.com>wrote:

> Absolutely you are correct, but if you check the blog there are further
> references up to last Friday.  It was a tremendous, jaw-dropping flood of
> Kooberz proxies the last two weeks.  And it's still coming.
>
> The point is us Little Guys are paying attention, too.  And sometimes we
> catch this shit before the Big Boys like Dancho and Kaspersky wake up and
> smell the coffee.  Since February I've been wondering Why The Hell I hadn't
> heard anything in the ITsec press on this new resurgence.  Did they hold
> back so Dancho could publish his "Ten Things You Didn't Know About The
> Koobface Gang" article?  Or so Microsoft could gloat over "taking down" the
> Wimpy Waledac botnet?  Is the Good News always published before the Bad
> News
> in the security industry press release cycle?
>
> The fact remains, Koobface marches on and the security industry can't stop
> it.  Period.  I will be among the first to jump up and down and yell "RA!"
> when someone takes it down, but it ain't going to happen soon.  All I can
> do
> is sit back and watch while the Big Boys get their headlines.
>
> BTW, I don't consider myself "bitter".  I'm what you might call "tangy".
>
> Thanks for your support,
>
> Hinky

Content of type "text/html" skipped