Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:33:54 +0000
From: John Cartwright <johnc@...k.org.uk>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Administrivia: An Experiment

Hi

After some deliberation I have decided to try an experiment.  Until
further notice, new list members will be subject to temporary
moderation.

The purpose of this exercise is simply to enforce the list charter.
Hopefully the majority of list members will trust my judgement in
filtering the noise - and if not you are (as always) free to read a
different mailing list.

Existing list members are unaffected and majority of you have earned
the right to post freely.  New members will be un-moderated when they
have proven themselves capable of reading the charter and following it.

I'd rather not moderate anyone, but the level of abuse both on- and
off-list has risen to an unacceptable level.

The outcome of this exercise will be one of the following:

1) I decide this is a good idea and continue to moderate new entrants.
2) I decide this is a bad idea, and stop doing it.
3) I shut down FD and run screaming.

There is no `moderate everyone' option.

Cheers
- John

PS I'd also like to point out that the list is hosted by Secunia, in
Denmark, and not in London as our learned Scottish friend recently
claimed:

$ host lists.grok.org.uk
lists.grok.org.uk has address 78.109.215.201
lists.grok.org.uk has address 78.109.215.201
lists.grok.org.uk mail is handled by 0 lists.grok.org.uk.

$ whois -h whois.ripe.net 78.109.215.201
% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Information related to '78.109.215.200 - 78.109.215.207'

inetnum:        78.109.215.200 - 78.109.215.207
netname:        SECUNIA-NET
descr:          Secunia
country:        DK
admin-c:        TK2820-RIPE